CURRENT JOB POSTINGS:
*NEW POSTING* 10/26/22 Director of Case Management
We are seeking a Director of Case Management to join our team at Friends of Guest House in Alexandria, Virginia on a full-time basis, onsite, 40 hours per week.
About the Organization:
Friends of Guest House (www.friendsofguesthouse.org) is a transitional program that supports women who are returning to the community after incarceration for non-violent offenses. Friends of Guest House provides a safe, caring, healing environment for women in recovery from trauma, addictions, challenged family systems, and mood disorders. We serve 30 women in our Residential Program at a time and each woman is invited to participate in the program for 6 months and spend another 6-9 months in our Aftercare Program with stepped down case management support. The goal of the women in the program is to re-enter the community, reunite with their families, and address barriers to achieving their goals. Overall, women who re enter the community without support have a recidivism rate of 70%. Women who complete the Residential to Aftercare Program continuum at Friends of Guest House have a recidivism rate of 15%. Come join a dedicated team and make a difference in a woman’s life each and every hour.
The Director of Case Management leads and supervises the client management team in all client engagement and case file maintenance, along with individualized treatment planning and implementation.General
• Enforce compliance with Guest House rules: drug and alcohol policies, emergency procedures, etc.
• Assist with fundraising events.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings and in-service training.
• Inform supervisor of client and facility needs and concerns.
• Work closely with management to avert or resolve problems related to both the clients and the facility.
To perform the position of Director of Case Management successfully, qualified candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications:
• License to practice independently in the Commonwealth of Virginia (LPC, LCSW, LMFT, Psy.D, PH.D.) is preferred
• Must be able to provide clinical supervision to graduate students and clinicians working toward licensure. • A minimum of four (4) years supervisory experience in a human services organization or assisting at-risk populations with histories of addiction, mental illness, homelessness, domestic violence, severe trauma, etc. Note: Work experience with ex-offender population and/or in crisis/trauma environment preferred. Residential program experience a must.
• Knowledge of gender-specific, trauma-informed principles of treatment and ability to oversee the expansion and implementation of those practices within Case Management.
• Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal, written, presentation and conflict management skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Abilities to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and exhibit a high level of cultural competence
Other Licenses & Certifications
• Valid driver's license & good driving record.
• CPR/First Aid certification and NARCAN Training (can be obtained on the job)
• PREA Training/Requirements (can be obtained on the job)
Note: Licenses/Certifications must remain in good standing/active during employment tenure with Friends of Guest House.
For full job description or to submit resumes, email Linda@friendsofguesthouse.org.